Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I am so excited about this new development in my thinking about my area of research. I have been passionate about grading practices for a few years now, so I have been doing a LOT of reading and thinking about grading and grade reporting. I've thought a LOT about it, reflected on my own practice. It's just been a big part of my life for a while now.

And now I can't stop thinking about change. What is it about changing to an infinitely better way of doing things that is so incredibly difficult for some people? I guess that's what "Change Leadership" is all about. So then how do we lead change when we have a variety of personalities that we lead? Can we differentiate how we implement change, depending on the "learning style"---or "Change Style" of our teachers? Is that going to be perceived as "unfair"? Does that really matter? We know that Fair does not mean Equal!!

What about that RtI Pyramid? Doesn't that apply to our adult learners as well? Tiered interventions for change?

Thoughts, anyone?
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment